Tuesday, February 21, 2012

So here's what I'm doing for Lent this year:


Giving up gossip. I did this last year and it was a total failure. Once you stop talking about people, you realize how much of your conversations revolve around talking about people lol. But I'm going to try harder this year. And I think Joe Reis is doing it with me. I just want to quit talking about people behind their backs. Regardless of what I have to say - good or bad - I will say it when they are present, or ask them to tell people.

Praying before I eat or drink ANYTHING. My great-grandfather used to say the blessing over everything, even half a candy bar... I didn't know him well, but that's the one thing I do know about him. I would love to emulate him in this way and it'll remind me to be thankful that I actually have something to eat.

Bread and water fasts. Enough said.

Keeping a journal of all the things that I see around the City that make my heart swell. I swear, every time I get on the subway I see some adorable/hilarious/heartwarming scene that completely makes my day. I want to start writing them down and having a record for when I'm starting to lose faith in humanity..

I hope I'm not spreading myself too think but I thin giving up one thing and adding two isn't too much.

4 comments:

  1. This sounds really wonderful.
    I would love to join you in your quest to give up gossip! I know I'm not there with you, but I think it is definitely a great idea. Giving up gossip. Maybe it will give me more time to talk about things I find interesting or whatever else instead!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, sweetheart! Well, when you come in a couple weeks you, me, and Joe won't be able to talk about anyone! :P

      Maybe we'll actually discuss *gasp* religion and politics. Oh, wait. We do that now.

      Delete
    2. Haha,OH EM GEEEE. That is true.. we do already discuss it.Oh well, we will find something! :)

      Delete
  2. I love both of you. Yes Ansley, I'm giving it up. When we are together we shall only talk about other things. I don't think saying good things about people is gossip though. I feel like gossip has too much of a negative connotation.

    I'm also stopping chewing my nails, writing letters and I am going to try and pray before most meals. I don't know if I'll remember for just a quick snack, but I'm gonna do my best!

    ReplyDelete